Program: Learn How to Read
Grade: K-3 (ages 4-8)
Curriculum: Orton Gillingham Approach & All About Reading Curriculum
Advantages of our program:
- Our unique program uses the Orton Gillingham Approach which capitalizes on dynamic, multisensory and sequential lessons that help students develop phonetic rules and patterns.
- The Orton Gillingham Approach is suited for students of all abilities but is fantastic for students with exceptionalities (such as those with dyslexia) because it breaks concepts down, uses repetition and sequence.
- The Orton Gillingham Approach is maximized in a one-on-one setting, and when used with the All About Reading Curriculum, can help students learn 97% of English words through phonetic rules.
How it works:
- Your child will be assessed to see what reading level they are at (Level 1, 2, or 3)
- One of our tutors will walk through sequential lessons with students in a one-on-one setting. Activities include the use of flashcards, short stories, and worksheets
- Students will progress through each level until they gain independence and confidence in reading at Level 3
- To learn more about the Orton Gillingham Approach you read more here.
- To learn more about the All About Reading Curriculum you can read more here.
If you’re interested in learning more about the program or want to get your child assessed, please fill out our contact form.